Foundational Bible Passage
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
It is a one-year internship transformational training program, at RIMI’s US office in Lindenhurst, IL, (45 minutes’ drive north from O’Hare Airport) with a one-month practicum in South Asia, to equip the next generation of leaders to be radical followers of Jesus Christ confidently and effectively engaging in our ever-changing cross-cultural society.
• Christ-Centered-To know Him and make Him known
• Character formation-practicing spiritual discipline
• Missional approach-Effectively engaging the culture
• Practical ministry-Holistically balanced
• Cross-cultural engagement-Transforming communities
• Excellence in Leadership-Following the Master’s example
Who can apply?
• Committed Christian single adults who are between the ages of
• High school graduate
• Desire to be an effective change agent
• Heart for cross-cultural ministries
• Willing to raise support for the study and overseas internship
What will you experience?
• Living in community with believers who are passionate for God and serving the poor and marginalized
• Transforming lives through serving children and women in slums and poor communities
• Engaging in villages through holistic ministries to break the cycle of poverty
• Taking morning courses in Bible, Theology, Missiology, Leadership, History, Language, Worldview, and so on, followed by assisting at the office to help transform lives in South Asia, and weekend missional outreach within various cross-cultural communities in the Chicago area.
• Learning from experienced international cross-cultural practioners
An integrated approach to applying the Scripture to engage effectively in cross-cultural ministries.
B102-Book of Acts
B103-The person and ministry of the Holy Spirit
B104- Prayer and Spiritual Discipline
T101-Christian Belief-Lausanne Covenant
M101-Overview of Biblical Mission
M102-Apologetics-defending the faith
M105-Biblical Theology, Poverty and Social Justice
L103-Transformational Biblical and World Leaders
L104-Intercultural Leadership skills
Worldview/Culture and Language
W101-Worldview and value systems
W102-Studies in Hindi and Nepali languages
W103-Cross-cultural competence and communication
Dr. Wilbur Stone
- Intercultural studies at Asbury Theological Seminary, USA
- Philosophy at Indiana University, USA
- Missions at Asbury Theological Seminary, USA
- PhD at Asbury Theological seminary, USA
- Served as a Pastor, missionary in Hong Kong and Malaysia, and program director and lead faculty at Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
Dr. Manohar James
- M.Div- Believers’ Church Theological Seminary, India
- PhD-Asbury Theological Seminary, USA
- Served as a pioneer cross-cultural missionary, church planter
- Served as Principal at Mission India Theological Seminary.
- Currently serves as President of Redeem India.
Dr. J.N. Manokaran
- BD at Immanuel Theological Seminary, India
- M.Th from Hindustan Bible Institute, India
- PhD from International Institute of Church Management, India
- Engineer by profession, served as a pioneer cross-cultural missionary, prolific writer, speaker, and Bible teacher.
- Currently serves as the Regional Director of South Asia for Community Bible Study International Ministries, CO.
Dr. Sam George
- Mechanical Engineering at Anna University, India
- Youth and Family Ministry at Princeton University, USA
- Management studies at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, India
- Leadership Mission at Fuller Theological Seminary, USA
- PhD at Liverpool Hope University, USA
- Serves as a Leadership consultant, president of Parivar International, Speaker, writer, professor on Cross-cultural missions/diaspora.
- Currently works at Lausanne Movement.
Dr. Saji Lukos
- B.Com at Kerala University, India
- M.Com at Kerala University, India
- M.Div. at Trinity International University, USA
- D.Min at Bethel University, USA
- Served as a professor of management and accounting
- Founded RIMI and Mission India to reach South Asia
- President of Mission India Theological Seminary
- Serving as a cross-cultural missionary/ teacher/speaker/writer
Rev. Jayapraksh Masih
- BA at Ravishankar University, India
- BD at Union Biblical Seminary, India
- MA in History and Theology at Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary, USA
- Served as a pioneer cross-cultural missionary, church planter, seminary professor and pastor for over 30 years.
- Currently serves as a hospital chaplain in the Chicago area.
Dr. Vinod John
- B.Sc. at Meerut University, India
- B.D at Faith Theological Seminary, India
- M.A in Sociology at Meerut University, India
- MTh at Union Biblical Seminary, India
- PhD at Asbury Theological Seminary, USA
- Served as a pioneer cross-cultural missionary, church planter, seminary professor.
- Currently serves as an adjunct faculty at Taylor Seminary and Vanguard College in Edmonton, and pastor at South Asian Church, Edmonton.
Pastor Sam Eapen
- BA at B.N. College, India
- M.Div. at Torch Trinity Graduate School of the Theology, South Korea
- Th.M. at Torch Trinity Graduate School of Theology, South Korea
- Served as a cross-cultural missionary/pastor in South Korea.
- Currently serves as the Lead Pastor at Jubilee Church- an Asian American Church in the Chicago area.
For tuition/housing/food and Field ministry- $1000 per month
At RIMI office – class and work – July 1-May 31
Field Ministries – 2 or more locations in India or Nepal – June 1 to 28
What are others saying?
“I am excited about the vision of RIMI’s Transformational Leadership Academy in Chicago, for its potential to develop heart, mind and skills on the next generation for the Mission of God in our fast-changing world.”
Sam George, PhD
Global Catalyst for Diasporas
The Lausanne Movement
“The Transformational Leadership Academy provides those interested in learning to serve effectively in a cross-cultural environment a Christ-centered learning experience including an overseas internship which allows students an opportunity to partner with experienced and effective practioners. I am pleased to endorse this training program.”
Dr. Wilbur Stone, PhD
Retired Cross-cultural missionary and
Faculty at Bethel Seminary, MN
RIMI, 1949 Old Elm Rd, Lindenhurst, IL 60073