RIMI is impacting thousands of people with the gospel of Jesus Christ in India, Nepal, Bhutan,
Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. The mission of RIMI is to expand Christ’s Kingdom through evangelism
and church planting, which is further advanced by leadership development and compassion
and justice services.
RIMI invites you to invest your talents and skills for frontline missions in South Asia. Join
with RIMI to serve destitute children and equip hundreds of men and women for frontline
missions. Your talents, skills, and commitment to serve through short-term missions will help to
bring thousands to Jesus Christ.
Make a difference for children living in abject poverty in Asia. Equip nationals for God’s
mission by teaching and preaching the Word. Whatever your passion might be, we’re looking for
people like you who want to live out their calling through their career skills. We sincerely
believe that your calling is God-given. Why not join hundreds of Christ-followers in frontline
missions as your career choice?
Whether you’re just entering the work force or have great technical, ministry or management
experience — we are looking for your talent in many specialty areas, such as:
- Helping children in the RIMI orphanages
- Equipping nationals by teaching and preaching
- Working in Medical Camps and giving Health Care in the clinics
- Training Bible students in God’s Word
- Helping in campus construction
- Taking pictures and writing stories for the ministry
- Assisting with office administration
These are just some of the opportunities that we have for you. What an exciting adventure of
impact you could take with us!
All people traveling will need a valid Passport and VISA.
- Please apply for your Passport at least two months prior to your trip.
- You will need a certified copy of your birth certificate for the Passport
- US Citizen Passport Application: You can apply online for a passport at the US Department of
State website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
This is the correct
site for US Citizens to obtain a passport whether renewing or for the first time. The
forms on the Embassy of India web site are only for India Citizens.
- You must have your Passport in hand before applying for a Visa since the Visa application requires information that matches exactly your passport.
- Indian VISA Application: You may apply for an E-Tourist Visa to India here:
- Depending on the E-Visa you apply for, there are different windows for applying:
- For 30-day Visa, you can apply starting at 30 days from date of arrival in India up to 4 days before.
- For 1-year and 5-year Visa, you can apply starting at 120 days from date of arrival in India up to 4 days before.
- We encourage you to apply for a 1 year or 5 year e-Visa. It is slightly more
expensive than the 30 day Visa, but worth it, especially if you plan to travel again. Also, the 30 day
Visa is valid for arrival only within 30 days from the date you APPLY not from your date of travel. We recommend
you book the tickets only after the Visa is granted. Though chances are small that you will be
rejected, if you are, you can’t travel and may forfeit the full price of your plane ticket
(airline policy, not ours).
You will need the following two digital items for your Visa application:
- A digital photo of you. You can use a photo you have taken yourself. We recommend a
taken at your local photo processor as these are more likely to be accepted as
meeting the specific
requirements listed below. Most places charge about $15 US for 2 photos. They can
also provide you with a digital copy of the photo (though it may an additional
charge). Best advice is if you are in doubt if your self-taken photo is acceptable,
is to get it taken via a service.
- Format – JPEG; Size: Minimum 10 KB to Maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the photo in pixels must be equal
- Photo should present full face, front view, eyes open and without spectacles
- Head should be centered within the frame and present the full head from the
top of the hair to bottom of the chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the background
- No borders in photos
- Scanned biography page of your passport showing your photograph and personal
Format – PDF; Size: Minimum 10 KB to Maximum 300 KB
- If you need any service for passort or Visa, please contact Lalu Cherian at Passports and More, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (281) 261-0003
A standard two-week trip is $3,200. This covers airfare to/from the US, food, lodging, and
transportation in India. Custom itineraries may be developed by working with our travel
coordinator. Please contact us for more information.
Vaccines and Medicines
At this time, there are no officially mandated vaccines or medicines required for travel to
India. However, for your safety, we recommend checking with your doctor. Please contact your
doctor at least one month before travel as some vaccines/medicines require up to a month to
become fully effective. You can see the current US CDC recommended guidelines on their website: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/travel-vaccines.html